Saturday, June 11, 2011

If only I felt as great as my labs look!

Have you ever been disappointed to find out that part of your body is healthy and working great?

Sounds weird, I know. But I was sorta bummed this week that my lab results for my metabolic panel and celiac disease check came back looking pretty normal. So did the results of a long, arduous test to find out if my gall bladder was working as it should. 

Of course all of this is good news. A healthy gall bladder, liver and pancreas are all to be celebrated. And now we know for sure that eating wheat is not the issue. Problem is, now I know that none of these is to blame for the increased pain, nausea and generally yucky feelings that have persisted for months. It's probably just my Crohn's flaring again in a new and unique way, as my MD surmised. 

If this intense, upper-right quadrant abdominal pain were attributable to a diseased gall bladder, I could get it removed and feel better. Right? I always hope that sometime my symptoms will end up being caused by something reparable. Something that  modern medicine knows how to cure.

But instead, I just still need to be patient while waiting to see if the Cimzia injections will make a positive difference. 

Sigh. 

Now, if only my joints would stop hurting so I could sleep for a while.

Sorry about this. I tend to complain a lot (as if that is something new) when I'm really, REALLY tired. Especially since a lot is happening tomorrow (Oops! That would be today at this point!) that I'd like to enjoy.

Thank heaven for caffeine. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment