Friday, June 3, 2011

Cimzia Dose #2

Cimzia dose #2 was due yesterday, but I put it off until today. The nurse said that one day early or late is fine.

Yesterday was a very crappy (and I mean that literally) day. 

It was a lot like a bowel prep for a colonoscopy -- you know, where you take a laxative and drink quarts of a not-so-yummy concoction to make your colon squeaky clean so the Dr. can see the inside. Yuck.

A few loperamide pills quelled it after a few hours. Later, the pain in my abdomen, shoulders and neck got under control with 1/2 Lortab and a split Flector pain patch. I'm sure I'll pay later for the loperamide indulgence. I'm drinking lots of water today to try to stave off painful plugging later.

So, this morning I injected both syringes of Cimzia for my second dose. I really hope this stuff works, so that injecting that thick fluid into my abdominal fat is worth the pain. I shouldn't be such a wimp, though.  

So far, the only side effect was the pain going in and the tenderness at the two injection sites for a couple of hours. No ultra-fatigue so far.  In fact, I feel good so far today. We're taking the kids out to dinner tonight. It'll be fun. I love time with the fam.

And hopefully, the day-after-the-dose I'll feel as well as I did after the one two weeks ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment